My boys love space! They love looking up at the stars at night, they love talking about how the sun is lava hot, and they love to debate which planet is the coolest. Sometimes it’s difficult for me to find a craft that I know my six-year-old and four-year-old will both like, but this week I found it! We created our very own universe, and now you can too.
- black sheet of card stock paper
- spray bottle
- white paint
- glue stick
- a variety of bright-colored pieces of card stock paper
- glitter glue (optional)
- star stickers (optional)
- Put a small amount of white paint in the spray bottle and dilute it with water.
- Spray a couple of sprays onto your black sheet of paper. This creates that galaxy look to your picture. Let the paint dry completely. It was sunny outside, so ours took only 10 minutes to dry.
- Draw different-sized circles onto a variety of bright-colored pieces of card stock. These are planets, so make them different sizes.
- Cut out the circles and glue them onto your black paper.
- Add whatever details you'd like to your planets with crayons and glitter glue. To make shooting stars, add a gold star on the end of a tail of glitter glue.
Once it's dry, you have your solar system. It's "out of this world!"