With just a sheet of paper, pieces of cardboard and a safety pin, your little ones will be stepping out in style for St. Patrick’s Day!
- paper (a variety of colors/patterns)
- markers or crayons
- safety pin
- Cut two rectangles of the same color/pattern, and two thin strips of a contrasting color/pattern for the ribbons.
- Accordion fold two strips of the paper. Next, fold each strip in half and glue the edge together to create a semi-circle. Then glue the two straight edges of the semi-circles together, creating a full circle.
- Cut out one thin cardboard disc, and glue it to the face of the badge.
- On a second cardboard disc, draw your character or design and glue it to the front.
- Cut two ribbon edge strips of paper and glue or tape them to the back of the badge. Cover with a circle of white paper. Glue a safety pin to the back of the circle in the center. Allow to dry.
This badge tutorial could easily be replicated for birthdays, sporting events, or other parties by changing the characters illustrated on the discs. Enjoy!