Perfect for a Mother’s Day gift or simple room décor, these silhouettes are easy, inexpensive and lifelong keepsakes!
- decorative paper (I just used some scrapbooking paper)
- Exacto knife (adults only!) or scissors
- profile photo of your child printed on cardstock
- spray adhesive or glue stick
- picture frame or paper plate
- black paint
- paintbrush or sponge brush
- Outline the profile with a black marker, simplifying it as much as possible. Don't forget to add in eyelashes and neck!
- Cut out the profile with the Exacto knife or scissors.
- Flip the photo over and paint the back side black. I did two coats to eliminate any streaking.
- After the paint dries, spray some adhesive or use a glue stick on the back of the silhouette (the photo side) and attach it to the scrapbook paper.
- When it's finished, place the silhouette in the picture frame or cut out the middle of a paper plate for a frame to let the profile picture shine through!
There are so many options and variations for this project. You could do the silhouette out of the decorative paper on a solid background. Or you could make the silhouette white on a printed background ... you could probably do it on fabric, or just do the traditional black on white!