I am always trying to come with new ideas for toilet paper and paper towel rolls. Recently we made a fun telescope with removable slides! It’s actually quite easy to make.
- paper towel roll (or an old Pringles can or other large cylindrical container)
- xacto knife (adult use only)
- a sheet of acetate
- Use the cylinder as a template and trace a circle onto the sheet of acetate.
- Add a rectangle to the top half of the circle to create the slide shape. This will work as a handle of sorts, and allow your child to pull the slides in and out of their telescope.
Carefully cut out the shape.
- Paint the telescope and the scenery onto your slides. We used regular acrylic paints for our slides and spray paint for the telescope body.
- Using an xacto, cut a slit halfway through your telescope. This is where the slides will go.
- Insert your slide, and you're done.
Time to play and let your imaginations run wild!