Perfect for any classroom or as a simple reminder of your gratitude for your family, make these little “thankful cards” with your kids using just a few simple materials.
- index cards (or white paper, cut)
- stamp ink or paint (we used brown, red and orange for our feathers)
- pen or marker
- pencil (optional)
- scissors (optional)
- Start with as many index cards as "thankful cards" you'd like to hand out. If you don't have index cards, simply cut pieces of white paper.
- Have your child press a thumb into the ink or paint, and stamp a body and head for the turkey with their thumb. Then add feathers, also thumbprints, alternating colors. Let them dry.
- If your child, like mine, is too young to write, lightly trace letters in pencil and allow him or her to write over your words with a dark marker or pen.