Last year a friend made these for our Thanksgiving preschool feast, and they were so cute! I knew that the following year these would be on my list to make!
- white paper
- large nut cups
- hole punch
- treats for the cup
- sticks, skewers or straws (we used long sucker sticks)
- glue (optional)
- Cut out strips of paper (around 2 inches x 5 inches) and staple the short edges of two together for the boat that fits around the nut cup.
- Cut out sails from white paper and add names or messages. NOTE: You can also print out these sails with the link at the bottom of this post.
- Hole-punch the top and bottom of the sail and slide the stick/skewer/straw through.
- Then add your treats or nuts to the nut cup and place the stick in the goodies. If you want, you can glue the stick to the bottom of the nut cup, then add the goodies after the glue dries.
I think place cards are fun and so do my kids … they love seeing their name on things!
To save time, download the sails I made here: Printable Sails