Make beautiful spring butterflies out recycled toilet paper rolls!
- toilet paper rolls (one per butterfly)
- paint and paintbrushes
- twigs/sticks (one thick one and two thin bits for antennae)
- hot glue gun and gluesticks
- Cut your toilet paper roll into 4 equal-sized pieces. Bend these at both ends so they form a "wing" shape.
- If you'd like, paint the twig bodies and antennae black. Then paint some fancy designs on your "wings". We did rainbows and polka dots. Paint the inside of the "wings" as well.
- Let the paint dry. Then glue it all together. Glue the antennae onto the twig body and then the wings onto the sides. Let it dry.