Just in time for spring, this windsock is made entirely of recycled materials, making this craft project easy, inexpensive … and waterproof! Decorate your garden, porch or front lawn with a weather-durable windsock in just a few steps.
- plastic bags
- an empty soda bottle
- Cut a ring from the soda bottle as shown. (Note: The edges may be a little sharp, so use caution.)
- Cut 1-inch wide strips out of the plastic bags. If you have colored bags, you can use a variety to make your windsock multicolored.
- Fold each strip in half and thread the folded end through the soda bottle ring. You should have a loop on one side of the ring and the tails on the other.
- Thread the tails of the plastic strip through the loop and pull gently. Repeat with all of your plastic strips until the soda bottle ring is completely covered.
- Tightly tie each end of the string around the soda bottle ring and use the loose string to hang your windsock on any hook. Hang securely and enjoy on a windy day!