Make a magical winter wonderland terrarium using an old empty glass jar with a lid. Use this craft to talk with your kids about the weather. You can make a terrarium for any season! What kinds of things would belong in a winter wonderland terrarium? Hunt for objects outside or around the house that would fit this season,and with just a few simple crafting supplies and some creativity, you can get started!
- empty glass jar with lid
- cotton balls
- small twig and small pinecones
- white glitter
- white paint
- gold paint
- hot glue
- tiny plastic toy (optional)
- Begin by painting a tiny twig and pinecones white. Sprinkle generously with white glitter before the paint dries.
- Find a small plastic toy or trinket and paint it in a fun way. We used gold paint on a tiny dinosaur toy.
- Once the paint dries, glue cotton balls to the inside of the jar lid and glue on the twig, pinecones and trinket with hot glue.
- Add glitter to the inside of the empty jar and screw the lid on.
Enjoy your winter scene!