Play together with friends with this activity that needs more than one player.
These cookies taste better the more you pound on the dough.
Practice going away and coming back. Turn your chairs into a pretend train!
Play about being the doctor with doctor instruments you make yourself.
- Learning Goal
- Go Stop Go
- Self- control;
- Here’s a jazzy way to help your child practice self-control by combining music with this 'freeze" game.
- Make Your Own Pizza
- Episode116: Be a Vegetable Taster!/ Daniel Tries a New Food
- Making healthy food choices;
Trying new foods;
- Here's a meal that you can make together and find opportunities to introduce – and taste – new foods.
- Growing Takes Time
- Episode 113: Daniel Waits for Show and Tell/ A Night Out at a Restaurant
Awareness of science (learning about growing);
- With this activity, children can see day by day that living things grow.
- What’s Your Job?
- Episode 112: Daniel is Big Enough to Help Dad
- Responsibility; Literacy;
- What a good feeling it can be for children to know that it’s not only adults who are the “helpers,” but that children can be helpers too.
- Making Paper Chains
- Episode 107: Friends Help Each Other
Early math skills
- One child working alone can’t make a very long chain, but if another child gets involved, that chain will grow … and grow!
- Taking Turns
- Episode 110: Daniel Shares His Tigertastic Car/ Katerina Shares Her Tutu
- Taking turns; Patience; Literacy; Number recognition
- Practice taking turns with a spinner you make yourself.
- Thank You Cards
- Episode 114: Thank You Grandpere Tiger!/ Neighborhood Thank You Day
- Expression of appreciation to others;
- Help your child develop an attitude of gratitude with this activity.
- Coupon Gifts
- Episode 108: Something Special for Dad/ I Love You, Mom
- Making gift coupons is one way to say “I love you.”
Find fun games, coloring pages and other activities that foster early learning. start now
PBS Parents Newsletter
Find activities, parenting tips, games from your child's favorite PBS KIDS programs and more.