Help children feel safe during emergencies.
Play together with friends with this activity that needs more than one player.
These cookies taste better the more you pound on the dough.
Play about being the doctor with doctor instruments you make yourself.
- Learning Goal
- When Something Scary Happens
- Helping children cope with scary events.
- Adults need to support children after they’ve experienced unexpected events. Here are some helpful hints.
- Tightrope Walking
- Episode 118: Daniel Plays Ball/ O Builds a Tower
- Patience, Tenacity, Concentration and Confidence.
- Walking on a tightrope takes a lot of practice. Tightrope walkers have to keep on trying.
- My Bedtime Routine Book
- Episode 117: Good Morning Daniel/ Goodnight Daniel
- Managing bedtime,
listening to rules,
- Cut out pictures from magazines or use photos of your own child to create a Bedtime Routine Book.
- Go Stop Go
- Episode 113: Daniel Waits for Show and Tell
- Self- control;
- Here’s a jazzy way to help your child practice self-control by combining music with this 'freeze" game.
- Make Your Own Pizza
- Episode116: Be a Vegetable Taster!/ Daniel Tries a New Food
- Making healthy food choices;
Trying new foods;
- Here's a meal that you can make together and find opportunities to introduce – and taste – new foods.
- Growing Takes Time
- Episode 113: Daniel Waits for Show and Tell/ A Night Out at a Restaurant
Awareness of science (learning about growing);
- With this activity, children can see day by day that living things grow.
- What’s Your Job?
- Episode 112: Daniel is Big Enough to Help Dad
- Responsibility; Literacy;
- What a good feeling it can be for children to know that it’s not only adults who are the “helpers,” but that children can be helpers too.
Find fun games, coloring pages and other activities that foster early learning. start now
PBS Parents Newsletter
Find activities, parenting tips, games from your child's favorite PBS KIDS programs and more.