Making gift coupons is one way to say “I love you.”
Even young children have things they can do that are helpful in the family. We give help, and we receive help, no matter how old or young we are.
- Several sheets of paper or index cards
- Blunt-nosed scissors
- Markers or crayons
- Pictures from magazines
* Start by cutting or tearing pieces of paper in half to make blank coupons.
*Ask your child to come up with ideas for ways that he or she can help the family. You or your child can write each idea on a coupon, or your child might want to draw a picture for each. You might want to encourage your child to cut and paste pictures from magazines that show the “coupon gift.”
Here are some suggestions:
- Play quietly so a parent can have some peaceful time
- Give a hug
- Sort socks in the laundry
- Put out napkins for a meal
* Staple the coupons together, and let your child keep the coupon book. Then on special occasions, birthdays, holidays, or just any day, your child can give one of the coupons as a gift to someone in the family.