Help children feel safe during emergencies.
Play together with friends with this activity that needs more than one player.
These cookies taste better the more you pound on the dough.
Play about being the doctor with doctor instruments you make yourself.
- Learning Goal
- Making Paper Chains
- Episode 107: Friends Help Each Other
Early math skills
- One child working alone can’t make a very long chain, but if another child gets involved, that chain will grow … and grow!
- Taking Turns
- Episode 110: Daniel Shares His Tigertastic Car/ Katerina Shares Her Tutu
- Taking turns; Patience; Literacy; Number recognition
- Practice taking turns with a spinner you make yourself.
- Thank You Cards
- Episode 114: Thank You Grandpere Tiger!/ Neighborhood Thank You Day
- Expression of appreciation to others;
- Help your child develop an attitude of gratitude with this activity.
- Coupon Gifts
- Episode 108: Something Special for Dad/ I Love You, Mom
- Making gift coupons is one way to say “I love you.”
- A Silly Folded Picture
- Episode 105: Prince Wednesday Finds a Way to Play/ Finding a Way to Play on Backwards Day
- Cooperation; Appreciating other people’s ideas; Dexterity; Imagination
- It’s easier to find a way to play together with an activity like this one that needs more than one player.
- “Get Out the Mad” Cookies
- Episode 104: Daniel Gets Mad/ Katerina Gets Mad
- Finding healthy outlets for anger; Following directions; Literacy; Measuring; Patience
- These cookies taste better the more you pound on the dough.
- Let’s Take a Walk
- Episode 106: Daniel and Miss Elaina Play Rocketship/ Daniel Plays at the Castle
- Appreciating nature; Observation skills; Curiosity
- Children can find all kinds of treasures everywhere.
- Feelings Faces
- Episode 101: Daniel’s Birthday/ Daniel’s Picnic
- Naming feelings; Talking about feelings; Imagination; Making healthy food choices
- Help your child create a healthy snack that starts some healthy talk about different feelings.
- All On Board!
- Episode 103: Daniel's Babysitter/ Daniel Goes to School
- Coping with separation and return; Playing about power and control; Pretending; Imagination
- Turn your chairs into a pretend train and let the children be in charge of who's going away and coming back.
- Doctor Play
- Episode 102: Daniel Visits School/Daniel Visits the Doctor
- Using play to work on fears; Role-playing; Pretending
- Play about being the doctor with doctor instruments you make yourself.
Find fun games, coloring pages and other activities that foster early learning. start now
Encouraging Outdoor Play
Dinosaur Train host Dr. Scott Sampson gives three important tips on fostering outdoor play while minimizing risks and managing fears.
One-Ingredient Ice Cream
If you and your child are looking for a fun and healthy dessert recipe, look no further than this ice cream recipe..
Raise a Good Sport
Here are 10 tips to set your kid on the path toward good sportsmanship.
PBS Parents Newsletter
Find activities, parenting tips, games from your child's favorite PBS KIDS programs and more.