Play together with friends with this activity that needs more than one player.
These cookies taste better the more you pound on the dough.
Practice going away and coming back. Turn your chairs into a pretend train!
Play about being the doctor with doctor instruments you make yourself.
- Learning Goal
- A Silly Folded Picture
- Episode 105: Prince Wednesday Finds a Way to Play/ Finding a Way to Play on Backwards Day
- Cooperation; Appreciating other people’s ideas; Dexterity; Imagination
- It’s easier to find a way to play together with an activity like this one that needs more than one player.
- “Get Out the Mad” Cookies
- Episode 104: Daniel Gets Mad/ Katerina Gets Mad
- Finding healthy outlets for anger; Following directions; Literacy; Measuring; Patience
- These cookies taste better the more you pound on the dough.
- Let’s Take a Walk
- Episode 106: Daniel and Miss Elaina Play Rocketship/ Daniel Plays at the Castle
- Appreciating nature; Observation skills; Curiosity
- Children can find all kinds of treasures everywhere.
- Feelings Faces
- Episode 101: Daniel’s Birthday/ Daniel’s Picnic
- Naming feelings; Talking about feelings; Imagination; Making healthy food choices
- Help your child create a healthy snack that starts some healthy talk about different feelings.
- All Aboard!
- Episode 103: Daniel's Babysitter/ Daniel Goes to School
- Coping with separation and return; Playing about power and control; Pretending; Imagination
- Turn your chairs into a pretend train and let the children be in charge of who's going away and coming back.
- Doctor Play
- Episode 102: Daniel Visits School/Daniel Visits the Doctor
- Using play to work on fears; Role-playing; Pretending
- Play about being the doctor with doctor instruments you make yourself.
Find fun games, coloring pages and other activities that foster early learning. start now
DIY Spinning Carousel
Want to make a fun DIY toy that moves? This kinetic carousel spins wildly and demonstrates potential and kinetic energy.
Easy Italian Cheesecake
In this recipe, the cheesecake filling can be made in a blender. (A great opportunity for your kids to help!)
From Our Sponsor
Learn more about Mighties™ kiwi, the easy-to-eat, nutrient-rich healthy snack.
PBS Parents Newsletter
Find activities, parenting tips, games from your child's favorite PBS KIDS programs and more.