- paper or an index card
- pencils, markers, or crayons
- Magazine pictures or stickers (optional) ,Glue (optional)
Fold the paper or index card in half to make a card.
With your help, have your child think about someone who has done something nice or helpful for him or her. The card could be addressed to:
- Parent, brother, or sister
- Grandparent, neighbor, or friend
- Babysitter, child-care provider, or preschool teacher
- Mail carrier
- Crossing guard
Ask your child what kind of thank you message he or she would like to write in the card. A younger child might dictate the words to you. Older children may be able to write a message or sign their own names.
Have your child decorate the front of the card with a drawing, magazine pictures, or stickers.