More on Supporting Kids with Autism in Inclusive Environments
Check out these helpful resources:
- How to Help Children with Autism
- Montclair State University
This site for Montclair State University includes contact information for the Children’s Center.
- The Interdisciplinary Council on Developmental and Learning Disorders (ICDL)
This official site for includes a description of the DIR®/Floortime model as well as information on professionals, conferences and schools.
- The Right Choice for Kids
A family-friendly introduction to NAEYC (National Association for the Education of Young Children).
- Engaging Autism, Greenspan, S. & Wieder, S., Da Capo Press (2006)
This book explains how to use the Floortime approach to help children relate, communicate and think.
- The Child with Special Needs: Encouraging Intellectual and Emotional Growth Greenspan, S. & Wieder, S., Addison-Wesley Press (1997)
A great book for parents of children diagnosed with autism, attention deficit disorder, Down syndrome, cerebral palsy, language and speech problems or other developmental disorders.
- Great Kids: Helping Your Baby and Child Develop the 10 Essential Qualities for a Healthy, Happy Life, Greenspan, S., Da Capo Press (2007)
This book helps parents discover how traits such as curiosity, perseverance, logical thinking and empathy can help a child develop academic, athletic and artistic skills.
NEXT: Additional Resources