To make this salad a meal I love to load it with crispy bacon, toasted sliced almonds, and feta cheese to finish it off. I usually make enough poppy seed dressing to store in the refrigerator for future use; trust me, you’ll be glad you saved some when you make this salad again. Enjoy!
Recipe: Strawberry Spinach Salad
A sweet and savory summertime salad.
- 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons roasted yellow or black sesame seeds
- 10 cups baby spinach
- 1 pound strawberries, stems removed and sliced
- 1 cup cooked crumbled bacon
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- In a blender, add vinegar, olive oil, sugar, poppy seeds, paprika, and onion. Blend for 30 seconds.
- In a large bowl, toss spinach, strawberries, bacon, almonds, and feta cheese with half the poppy seed dressing. Add more dressing if you need to, otherwise save the rest for the next time you make the salad.