Recipe: Spinach Bacon Penne Pasta Recipe
Try this simple and quick pasta recipe with other ingredients like shrimp, chicken, zucchini, and asparagus.
- 1 pound package whole grain penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 large handfuls fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Prepare the penna pasta (al dente) according to the package directions. Drain the cooked pasta but do not rinse.
- Heat the olive oil in a large sauce pan on medium heat. Add the garlic and let it cook for half a minute.
- Stir in the pasta and the balsamic vinegar for one minute. Add the bacon and spinach. Toss all the ingredients until the spinach begins to wilt.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Enjoy!