If you’re looking for an easy and elegant dessert for a summer party, I have just the perfect dish for you. Tender layers of buttery puff pastry topped off with a thick layer of sweetened cream cheese and fresh fruit makes this tart as delicious to eat as it is gorgeous to look at.
The simplicity of this dessert makes it easy enough for kids to assemble. To demonstrate, my daughter Mimi and I made a quick video on how to make this tart. She did an excellent job for her first cooking segment and I am very proud of her. We hope you enjoy the video and this recipe.
Recipe: Easy Fresh Fruit Tart
A simple yet elegant fruit tart made with puff pastry.
- 1/2 of a 17.3-ounce package puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sifted confectioner's sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh fruit, sliced or left whole
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Unfold the pastry sheet on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Using the tines of a fork, poke several holes all over the puff pastry.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown. Allow the pastry to cool on the baking sheet.
- Cream together the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract. Evenly spread the cream cheese mixture over the puff pastry making sure to leave a 1-inch border around the edge without any cream cheese.
- Arrange the fruit on top of the cream cheese mixture.