This refreshing summery dish is low in calories and high in flavor, and is so versatile. It can be served hot or cold, and it’s great for a picnic (if you can keep it cool or it won’t be sitting out for too long), and could be wrapped in tortillas as easily as served over lettuce or rice.
Shrimp are especially fun to make with kids. Have them tell you when the shrimp turn pink all over, which means they are done.
Recipe: Cilantro Lime Shrimp
A quick and easy shrimp recipe with vibrant flavors.
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. minced garlic (about 1 clove)
- 1 lb. medium to large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 lime, juice only, 2 Tbsp., or more to taste
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped, or more to taste
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- In a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat, heat the oil. Add the garlic and cook it for 30 seconds or so until it is fragrant, then add the shrimp and cook it, turning once, until the shrimp are pink and cooked through, 2 - 3 minutes per side. Transfer the shrimp to a bowl, and combine it with the lime juice, cilantro, salt and pepper. Serve it immediately or refrigerate it for up to 2 days and serve it cold.