During the summer, the last place I want to be is in the kitchen with a hot stove on. The sauna like effect that occurs when I bake anything in the oven is simply not worth it, not even gooey chocolate brownies. Instead, I prefer to grill food on the deck in the back yard.
I love grilling food during the summer. It invokes wonderful memories of family gatherings, neighborhood get-togethers, and enjoying the company of friends over great food and conversation. Charcoal grilling provides the most flavor but gas grills offers instant convenience, which I love.
Today, I’m sharing with you an easy Summer Grilled Beef Kabob recipe. Marinating the meat overnight makes dinner the next day a breeze and give the meat enough time to soak up the flavorful marinade. Kids can help by whisking the marinade ingredients together or by carefully threading the beef and the bell peppers on wood skewers.
These beef kabobs are delicious and easy to prepare. Serve with a side of orzo, green salad, and watermelon, and you’ll have yourself a complete dinner the whole family will love. Enjoy!
Recipe: Summer Beef Kabobs
A simple but flavorful recipe for beef kabobs.
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless beef top sirloin steak, cubed into 1 1/4-inch pieces
- 2 red, yellow, orange, or green bell peppers, cut into 1 inch pieces
- Whisk the soy sauce, olive oil, lemon juice, brown sugar, onion, garlic, ginger, and pepper in a bowl.
- Add the meat and the sauce to a ziplock freezer bag. Allow the meat to marinade overnight or at least 6 hours.
- Alternately thread the beef and peppers onto skewers.
- Heat the grill on medium-high. Place the kabobs on the grill, uncovered, about 8 to 10 minutes for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F), turning occasionally.