What’s Your Favorite Comfort Food?
Recipe: Baked Artichoke Pasta
The creamy baked artichoke dip becomes a casserole for a rich and flavorful family dinner.
- 8 oz. penne noodles
- 14 oz. canned artichoke hearts, drained
- 6 oz. marinated artichokes, with their liquid
- 2 tsp. chopped or minced garlic (about 4 cloves)
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise, or ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 Tbsp. bread crumbs or panko
- Cook the noodles according to the package directions until they are al dente and drain them. (If you use a whole 16 oz. package of noodles, remove half and toss it with butter, olive oil or red sauce for less adventurous eaters.)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and spray a large (2 quart) casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a food processor or blender, coarsely blend the artichoke hearts, marinated artichokes with their liquid, garlic, cheese (reserving 1 Tbsp.), mayonnaise and pine nuts.
- In a large bowl, mix the pasta with the artichoke mixture. Transfer it to the casserole dish and smooth the top.
- In a small bowl, mix together the reserved Parmesan cheese and the bread crumbs. Sprinkle this topping on the casserole.
- Bake the casserole, uncovered, for 30 minutes until the top is browned. Serve it hot.