Recipe: Chicken Alfredo Manicotti
Manicotti with three different types of cheeses, chicken, spinach, and artichoke hearts.
- 1 (15 ounce) container nonfat ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 3/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup cooked chicken, chopped in small pieces
- 1 cup artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper
- 14 uncooked manicotti shells
- 1 - 15 oz jar store bought alfredo sauce or 2 cups of homemade
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook the manicotti according to the package directions.
- In a large bowl, combine the ricotta, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, spinach, chicken, artichoke, and egg until well combined.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the filling to a large ziplock bag. Seal the bag and cut a 1/2-inch snip from
- the bottom corner of theh bag. Push the filling down towards the opening. Twist the
- bag on top and fill each manicotti shell with filling.
- Pour 3/4 cup of the alfredo sauce over the bottom of a 9 x 13 casserole dish. Carefully
- place the filled shells in the dish. Pour the rest of the sauce on top of the shells
- and sprinkle the top with 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes.