I love a good muffin recipe, don’t you? These coconut pecan lemon glazed muffins will not disappoint. Made with a combination of lemon zest, coconut, and pecans, the texture of these muffins are dense but not heavy. They are also not too sweet but sweet enough. The topping toasts itself while baking in the oven which gives it such a beautiful toasted coconut look. Using the juice of a lemon and a tablespoon of sour cream, the citrus glaze adds a nice finishing touch to and adds a pleasant lemony flavor.
With Easter happening in less than a week, these muffins would go great with either breakfast or brunch. Enjoy!
Recipe: Coconut Pecan Lemon Glazed Muffins
A wonderful muffin recipe for breakfast or lunch.
- Coffee Cake:
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ cup butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Zest from 1 medium lemon
- 1 cup packed sweetened shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeeze lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Using a hand/stand mixer, cream the sugar and butter on medium speed for 3 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, waiting for each egg to be mixed in before adding another.
- Add the sour cream, vanilla extract, and salt and mix until the sour cream is combined.
- Reduce the mixer speed to low and add baking powder, flour, and zest. Mix the batter until smooth and there are no lumps.
- Mix in the coconut and pecans until evenly distributed. The batter will be very thick.
- Spray a generous amount of non-stick spray into a crumbled paper towel and grease the top of a muffin tin. Line the tin or tins with 15 paper baking cups. Fill each tin until 3/4 full.
- To make the topping, mix the coconut and pecans together. Sprinkle 1 generous tablespoon of topping on top of the batter.
- Bake muffins for 12 minutes at 400 degrees. Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees and bake for 13 more minutes or until the center of the muffins springs back when touched.
- When you pull the muffins out of the oven, make the glaze.
- Quickly stir the lemon juice, sour cream, and sugar together until the sugar is mixed into a glaze.
- Use a spoon and drizzle the lemon glaze over each muffin. Allow the muffins to rest in the pan for 5 minutes before removing and serving.