I’m a big fan of no-fuss baking, especially when it comes to cookies. This particular cookie I’m sharing with you today is truly remarkable because it uses only four ingredients and also happens to be gluten-free. And chances are good you have all these ingredients you need in your kitchen now: peanut butter, eggs, sugar, and vanilla.
Using either creamy or chunky natural peanut butter, these cookies are crispy on the outside and a little soft on the inside. Yielding only 15 cookies, these are the perfect cookies for setting out on a plate and sharing with friends. It is also one of those recipes you can easily make with your children because it is so simple and quick to whip up a batch.
From our home to yours, enjoy!
Mix the peanut butter, egg, sugar, and vanilla until the dough is mixed. A hand or stand mixer is nice but you can easily mix this dough by using a wooden spoon and some muscle power.
Scooping mounds of dough using a medium cookie scoop will yield perfect shaped cookies every single time. Using the tines of a fork to press the dough down gives each cookie that recognizable, signature peanut butter cookie look.
Voila! Peanut butter cookie perfection!
Recipe: 4 Ingredients Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup natural peanut butter, smooth or crunchy
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a hand or stand mixer, mix the peanut butter, sugar, egg and vanilla on low speed until well combined.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop about 1 1/2 tablespoons of dough 1 1/2-inches apart onto the baking sheet. If you don't have a cookie scoop, drop the dough with a spoon.
- Flatten the dough balls the tines of a fork, making a cross pattern on the cookies.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes until they are golden around the edges. Allow the cookies to rest on the counter for 2 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.