Why order a pizza when there are so many easy ways to make it at home so quickly and for a fraction of the price? These Greek Pita Pizzas take only 15 minutes to make, and your kids will enjoy designing their own personal pizza. If your kids aren’t fond of feta cheese, you can make their pizzas with tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese — and even add pepperoni. For a thinner “crust”, slice the pita breads in half before making the pizzas.
For another homemade pizza option, try Caramelized Onion, Mushroom and Goat Cheese Pizza.
For dessert, how about a sweet berry pizza cookie?
And pizza for breakfast? Why not?
What are your favorite ways to make pizza at home?
Recipe: Greek Pita Pizzas
Your kids will enjoy designing their own personal pizza.
- 6 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 pita pockets, wheat or white
- 3 plum or Roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 tsp. dried oregano (or use 1-2 Tbsp. fresh oregano or basil)
- 4 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the broiler and put the rack 4 – 6 inches from the heat source.
- Sprinkle the feta cheese evenly over the pitas. Top each with a quarter of the tomatoes, 1/2 tsp. oregano and drizzle 1 tsp. oil on top.
- Broil the pizzas on a baking sheet for 5-8 minutes until the cheese is bubbly and the pitas start to brown. (You can also cook them two at a time in the toaster oven at 450 degrees). Serve the pizzas halved or quartered.