Recipe: Easy Lentil Soup
A healthy and heart healthy meal, this lentil soup recipe only requires 4 ingredients and is very simple to make.
- 2 cups lentils, picked and rinsed
- 1 cup finely minced ham (best minced in a food processor)
- 8 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Bring the lentils, ham, broth, and cumin to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and cover.
- Cook the soup on a low simmer for 40-45 minutes, occasionally stirring to make sure the lentils do not stick to the bottom of the pan.
- The soup is ready when the lentils are soft and tender. Serve immediately.