Recipe: Easy No-Knead Whole Wheat Pizza Dough Recipe
A simple but great recipe for whole wheat pizza dough using the no-knead method.
- 1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon INSTANT dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (slightly warmer than the temperature you would wash a child's hand)
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- In a medium stainless steel bowl, mix the flours, salt, and yeast together with a whisk.
- In a small bowl, whisk the water and honey together until the honey is no longer clumped at the bottom of the bowl. Quickly add the warm water to the dry ingredients bowl.
- Using a wooden spoon, mix the ingredients together until the wet ingredients have absorbed the dry. The dough will be sticky and wet.
- Cover the bowl with a damp cloth. Allow the dough to rest overnight - the dough will double in size by the next day.
- When ready to bake the pizza, preheat the oven to the hottest temperature.
- When ready to use, gently pull the dough away from the bowl. The dough will appear spongy.
- Generously flour a flat surface.
- Pick up the dough from the bowl to a floured surface and add just enough flour so the dough does not stick. Fold the dough like an envelope in thirds over each other.
- Roll the dough out to 1/4-inch thick and place it on a stone or baking sheet covered in parchment paper.
- Bake the pizza dough for 5 minutes in the oven. Remove the dough and add the pizza sauce, cheese, and toppings.
- Bake the pizza an additional 10 minutes until the cheese has melted. ** Your baking times may vary based on your own oven temperature. Be sure to check your pizza after 5 minutes.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and serve.