My sons and I came up with these Banachos to look like cheesy nachos for April Fool’s Day. You can check out all of our other April Fool’s fun food creations on my site.
Jill Mills, and her three little boys ages 2,6 and 9, are the authors and founders of Kitchen Fun With My 3 Sons, a blog full of fun food for kids! They reside in Atlanta, Ga and create everything from silly snacks, lunches, dinners and tasty treats mostly for kids. They also make healthy food look fun for picky eaters to try new foods! Jill is also a contributor for Kellogg’s site, Snackpicks, and their fun food creations have been featured in several popular online and print publications, including Disney’s Family Fun and Parenting magazine. They encourage kids to get creative in the kitchen and believe that it’s ok to play with your food!
Recipe: April Fool's Day Banachos
A fun April Fool's Day recipe that looks like nachos.
- 1 banana
- vanilla pudding
- 1 drop of orange food coloring
- vanilla wafers
- green fruit roll up
- Make the pudding and put 1 drop of orange food coloring in it to make it look like nacho cheese.
- Put in the fridge for 1 hour to firm up.
- Cut some strips of a green fruit roll up. We folded them over and rolled them up to make our jalapeno peppers.
- Slice the banana in 3 strips and cut those into triangles to look like chips.
- Start out by layering at the bottom the vanilla wafers (which you will not see).
- Put the bananas on top of that, but save 4 or 5.
- Put on the pudding and then place the extra banana chips around the sides.
- Add your fruit roll up peppers and there you go...Banachos!