Made with a store bought angel food cake loaf (pound cake works too), chocolate sauce, fresh tropical fruit, and topped off when a scoop of vanilla ice cream sprinkled with macadamia nuts, toasted coconut, and a drizzle of caramel sauce, it is impressive in presentation and taste, with multiple flavors and textures. This dessert will satisfy your sweet tooth and have you daydreaming of tropical islands in faraway places.
Happy Mother’s Day to all of you wonderful moms. May you have a long sleep filled morning (without interruption) and no dishes to clean all day long.
Recipe: Tropical Fruit Ice Cream Cake Sundae
A quick and easy tropical fruit ice cream cake sundae made with cake, ice cream, tropical fruits, coconut, macadamia nuts, chocolate sauce, and caramel sauce. Perfect for Mother's Day!
- store bought angel food cake/pound cake
- chocolate or hot fudge sauce
- vanilla ice cream
- toasted shredded coconut
- toasted chopped macadamia nuts
- caramel sauce
- fresh pineapple, sliced 1/4-inch and cut into wedges
- Cut the pound cake into 8 equal pieces
- Spread a thin layer of chocolate over each cake slice
- Layer thinly sliced bananas over the chocolate followed by a layer of thinly sliced mangoes.
- Scoop a large scoop of vanilla ice cream and place it on top of the mangoes.
- Sprinkle each scoop with a tablespoon of macadamia nuts and shredded coconuts.
- Drizzle the sundae with caramel sauce.
- Add two pineapple wedges to the top of the sundae.