Recipe: Sweet Zucchini Butter Bread
A delicious and most zucchini bread recipe using large farmer's market zucchinis.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 4x8 loaf pan generously with non-stick spray.
- Cream the butter and sugar until fluffy in a stand mixer or with an electric hand mixer.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition followed by the vanilla extract.
- Add the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice, and salt. Continue to mix on a slow-medium speed until well combined making sure to scrape down the bowl.
- Add the zucchini and mix until the shreds are evenly distributed.
- Transfer the batter to the loaf pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes then rotate the pan 180 degrees. Bake for an additional 25-30 minutes until the center of the loaf is springy to the touch and an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the pan to rest 10 minutes before gently shaking the pan side to side to loosen the loaf from the pan.
- Invert the loaf to a plate.
- Serve warm or allow the loaf to cool.