What happens when you combine the specialness of puff pastry, the creaminess of cream cheese, and cinnamon-sugar coated peach slices? The answer is simple. You get an impressive dessert with truly minimal effort. By using store-bought puff pastry sheets (available in the freezer) as our base and a slightly sweetened cream cheese mixture, what you have is the start of a wonderful dessert tart. However, when you add perfect ripe peaches sliced thinly and topped off with a sprinkling of cinnamon-sugar you have an elevated dessert which feels and tastes as though it was purchased at an upscale fancy bakery.
The tart itself only takes around 10 minutes to pull together and another 20 minutes to bake. I’m always amazed by how lovely this tart truly is. It’s my secret dessert I pull together when friends come over. If you’re looking for a special quick dessert idea, this one will make you look like a great baker and impress others. This is also a great recipe for children of all ages to help with.
Cut partially thawed puff pastry sheet in thirds along the seams. Poke several holes in the crust with a fork.
Spread the cream cheese mixture over each tart crust.
Layer the peach slices over the cream cheese and sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar before baking.
Recipe: Peaches and Cream Tarts
A quick and easy peach tart with impressive results with minimal effort.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry partially thawed
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons confectioner's sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- small pinch of salt
- 2 ripe peaches, pit removed and sliced very thinly
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees F
- Thaw the puff pastry and cut along the seams in thirds.
- Mix the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and salt until smooth and creamy.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over each each tart crust edge to edge.
- Layer the peach slices in an overlapping pattern on each tart.
- Sprinkle the remaining sugar and cinnamon over the peaches.
- Bake the tart for 20 minutes until outside edges of the tart look golden brown.