I have been making these green bean fries for as long as I can remember. I absolutely LOVE eating my veggies this way, but green beans are one of my favorites, because they truly taste just like a French fry! I always sprinkle them with a little extra sea salt when they come out of the oven, and enjoy them warm with low sugar ketchup. I can almost guarantee that you can get even the pickiest of eaters to not only eat but to love their veggies!
Katie Farrell is the founder of Dashing Dish, a place to find healthy alternatives to the food you crave! Katie started this website after being told by friends and family that she has a unique talent for taking unhealthy recipes and making them healthy without losing any of the flavor. If you want to learn more about Katie’s recipes, healthy eating or have a question for her, please stop by Dashing Dish.
Recipe: Crispy Baked Parmesan Green Bean Fries
Tempt picky eaters with these crispy green beans baked with parmesan cheese.
- 1 (14 oz) Bag of frozen whole green beans (or about 4 cups fresh)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt (or to taste)
- 1/8 tsp Pepper (or to taste)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil, and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- If using frozen green beans, pop the bag of green beans in the microwave for 3-4 minutes, or until just de-thawed (or you could leave them out at room temperature for a few hours). If using fresh green beans, wash and snip off the ends.
- Place green beans on prepared baking pan, making sure they are evenly spread out, and none are laying on top of each other, (this will ensure even crispiness!) Sprinkle seasonings and parmesan cheese evenly over green beans.
- Place green beans in the pre-heated oven and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy! (To make them extra crispy, I like to broil them for an extra 1-2 minutes before pulling them out of the oven). Enjoy immediately with low sugar ketchup or dipping sauce of choice.