Green Eggs & Ham was my favorite story growing up and now it’s one of my son’s favorites. He gets pretty excited when we make this for breakfast together and will sometimes say a few lines as he’s smearing on the sauce! I was inspired by the green eggs and ham I’ve tried at Huckleberry in Santa Monica and at Ad Hoc in Napa Valley. In the mornings, I need to keep things simple and quick, so for me it’s all about the pesto here. Some fresh eggs and a good breakfast ham and you’re done! AND it’s fun!
You can find more of Patricia’s recipes on her YouTube channels, Farm to Table Family and Farm to Table Baby Mama, which focus on creating delicious food for babies and children. The recipes are modern takes on traditional favorites inspired by the finest and freshest seasonal ingredients.
Recipe: Green Eggs & Ham
See how to make green egg & ham without using any food coloring or dyes.
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 1/4 c. parmigiano - reggiano cheese
- 2 c. basil leaves
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 c. toasted pinenuts
- 1 tbsp pepper
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1/2 c. olive oil
- breakfast ham
- To make the pesto, put the following ingredients into a food processor: garlic, cheese, basil, lemon, pinenuts, pepper, salt, olive oil.
- Puree and add more olive oil until saucy.
- Prepare the eggs and breakfast ham.
- Drizzle some pesto over the eggs to make them green!