You know you have a good homemade chocolate chip cookie recipe when a fresh baked batch vanishes within minutes of taking them out of the oven. Resisting a warm, soft, chewy cookie dotted with melted chocolate chips is nearly impossible, especially when paired with a cold glass of milk. This is why every aspiring or experienced home baker should have an irresistible go-to chocolate chip cookie recipe on hand for those everyday moments that are worth celebrating.
Today, I am sharing with you my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe which has gone viral on the internet and has become my most requested recipe. What makes this cookie recipe so special is the ratio of brown sugar to regular sugar. The result is a cookie that’s crisp and chewy on the outside yet soft on the inside. This recipe also calls for a little bit of sea salt which enhances not only the flavor of the cookie but also the texture.
I realize there are millions of chocolate chip cookie recipes across the internet that claim to be the best. I know taste is subjective… but seriously – these are the best. I am that confident.
If you’ve been searching for the ultimate chocolate chip cookie recipe look no further, this is it. Just make sure you use coarse sea salt and don’t over bake them.
Recipe: The Best Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies
These chocolate chip cookies are the best cookies ever. They're made with a hint of sea salt and more brown sugar than usual. A crispy, chewy outer shell combined with the soft center makes for the perfect chocolate chip cookie. Now, you can make them at home!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 360 (not 350) degrees F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream the butter and both sugars together on medium-high speed for 3 minutes, until nice and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg, then the vanilla.
- Reduce the mixer speed to medium-low and add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. When the cookie dough has absorbed the dry ingredients, stir in the chocolate chips and mix until they are evenly distributed.
- Drop 2 tablespoons of dough onto the cookie sheet, spacing them 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until the edges are nice and golden brown.
- Remove the cookie sheet from the oven and allow the cookies to cool for 2 minutes.
- Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.