It’s got all this stuff mixed together, because it’s a salad. And it’s sweet and colorful and juicy because it’s fruit!
Fruit salad is so amaaaaazing, how can you possibly make it any better?
The same way you make anything better: By putting it in a treasure chest! Like yer a pirate!
Arrrrrre ye ready?
Step 1: Make Your Own Treasure Chest
- Empty yogurt cups or small plastic containers
- White paper
- Markers or crayons
- Clean out yogurt cups or small plastic containers.
- Measure the height of the container on the long edge of the white paper.
- Cut out the strip and decorate your treasure chest with markers or crayons.
- Draw the wooden boards that make up the chest, and don’t forget a large lock on the front! So Big Mouth doesn’t swipe your banana slices!
- Once you’ve colored your chest, wrap the paper strip around the top of your plastic container and tape it in place.
- Wash all the fruit going in the salad.
- Cut each banana into 16 pieces. (That’s 10 pieces, plus another 6!)
- Cut each strawberry into 4 pieces. (That’s 3 pieces, plus another 1!)
- Cut the peaches into bite size pieces. (Pirates love peaches!)
- If your grapes are large, cut them in half. (That means cut them right down the middle!)
- Put each fruit into its own bowl.
Step 3: Put it together
Now it’s time to fill your treasure chest! Count as you spoon the following into each chest:
- 5 bananas
- 6 strawberries
- 7 grapes
- 8 peaches
- 9 blueberries
Step 4: Dig in!
Once you’ve filled your chest, it’s time to fill yer belly! With juicy tasty fruit salad! Dig in! Arrrr!
Here’s a printable PDF version.
Peg+Cat Printable Pirate Fruit Salad