Help your child make a plan for a party for stuffed animals or friends!
Explore counting and animal knowledge with your child by creating ladybug art.
Help your child engineer a structure for a special object, such as a stuffed animal or a small toy.
Play your own game of hot potato and help your children learn how to be a team player.
- Learning Goal
- Memory Dance
- Executive Functioning, Arts and Creativity, and Healthy Habits
- Give your mind and body a workout by choreographing a multi-step dance with your child.
- Float Your Boat
- Episode 4258: Rocco’s Boat
- Planning; Observation; Engineering
- Make predictions and use trial and error to engineer a boat that will float.
- Episode 4257: Failure to Launch
- Observation; Engineering; Mathematics
- Experiment with different ramp heights to see how they affect the distance toy cars travel.
- Build a Bridge
- Episode 4264: Goodbye Pacifier
- Planning; Observation; Engineering; Mathematics
- Build a bridge that can hold rocks with your child.
- Catch the Bubbles!
- Episode 4259: The Bubblefest
- Planning; Observation; Investigation
- Conduct a scientific investigation to figure out how to catch bubbles without popping them.
- Bouncing Balls
- Episode 4282: Elmo Wants to Have a Ball
- Planning; Observation; Investigation; Guessing from Clues
- Conduct a scientific investigation to see which ball bounces the highest.
- Build a House for the Three Little Pigs
- Episode 4320: Sesame Street Fairy Tale Science Fair
- Observing and Questioning; Making Predictions; Experimentation; Engineering
- Create your own building experiment at home!
- Build Your Own Dinosaur!
- Episode 4316: Sesame Street-O-Saurus
- Designing and Engineering
- Use everyday recycled materials to design your own dinosaur model.
- Make a Letter X Book!
- Episode 4313: The Very End of X
- Letter Sound Identification
- Create your very own letter X book!
- Overcoming Fears
- Episode 4310: Afraid of the Bark
- Identifying and Expressing Emotion
- Talk about a fear and problem solve ways to help your child become less afraid.
Find fun games, coloring pages and other activities that foster early learning. start now
Encouraging Outdoor Play
Dinosaur Train host Dr. Scott Sampson gives three important tips on fostering outdoor play while minimizing risks and managing fears.
One-Ingredient Ice Cream
If you and your child are looking for a fun and healthy dessert recipe, look no further than this ice cream recipe..
Raise a Good Sport
Here are 10 tips to set your kid on the path toward good sportsmanship.
PBS Parents Newsletter
Find activities, parenting tips, games from your child's favorite PBS KIDS programs and more.