Help your child make a plan for a party for stuffed animals or friends!
Explore counting and animal knowledge with your child by creating ladybug art.
Help your child engineer a structure for a special object, such as a stuffed animal or a small toy.
Play your own game of hot potato and help your children learn how to be a team player.
- Learning Goal
- Let’s Practice!
- Episode 4309: Practice Makes Proud
- Task Persistence
- Help your child make a book of her accomplishments.
- Noises All Around Us
- Episode 4308: Don't Wake the Baby
- Sound Discrimination; Sorting
- Listen to the sounds around you and play a sorting game.
- Jobs in Your Neighborhood
- Episode 4307: Brandeis is Looking for a Job
- Neighborhood People and Places; Social Development
- Learn about jobs in your neighborhood and talk to your child about what he might want to do someday.
- My Favorite Letter
- Episode 4306: A Song for Letter G
- Letter Identification; Letter-Sound Relationships; Alliteration; Literacy
- What can your child do with his favorite letter?
- Eating Well!
- Episode 4305: Me Am What Me Am
- Nutrition; Health
- Make a healthy snack with your child.
- Telling the Truth
- Episode 4304: Baby Bear Comes Clean
- Problem Solving; Self-Regulation
- Use dolls or stuffed animals to role play a scenario where one character has to wait before he can have a treat.
- Remember Together!
- Episode 4303: Hansel and Gretel's Playdate with Big Bird
- Remembering; Sequencing; Self-Regulation
- Help your child remember her day and create a story.
- Playing with Others!
- Episode 4302: The Good Sport
- Friendship; Social-Emotional Development
- Play your own game of hot potato and help your child learn how to be a team player!
- Learning to Wait
- Episode 4301: Get Lost Mr. Chips
- Waiting; Delayed Gratification; Self-Regulation
- Help your child make a poster of different strategies she can use when waiting her turn.
- Piggy Bank Saving
- Episode 4282: Elmo Wants to Have a Ball
- Counting; Saving; Making Charts; Delayed Gratification
- Help your child understand the concept of saving by creating a piggy bank and counting money.
Find fun games, coloring pages and other activities that foster early learning. start now
DIY Spinning Carousel
Want to make a fun DIY toy that moves? This kinetic carousel spins wildly and demonstrates potential and kinetic energy.
Easy Italian Cheesecake
In this recipe, the cheesecake filling can be made in a blender. (A great opportunity for your kids to help!)
From Our Sponsor
Learn more about Mighties™ kiwi, the easy-to-eat, nutrient-rich healthy snack.
PBS Parents Newsletter
Find activities, parenting tips, games from your child's favorite PBS KIDS programs and more.