The Science Behind Shots
Let Sid the Science Kid help ease your child's fear of getting a shot. Watch now on YouTube.
Everyday Ways to
Show kids how to prevent germs from spreading with tips from Sesame Street.
Quick Tips Slideshow
Fast Strategies for Talking, Listening and Caring for Kids.
- Acknowledge how your child feels.
- Offer choices to give your child a sense of control.
- Encourage your child to express whatever is on his mind.
- Help your child anticipate what is going to happen.
- Reassure your child you will help him get well.
Get the essentials for talking about any illness or injury. Find out how kids react and what to say.
Learn how offering choices helps kids cooperate. And pick up some tips on how to make the medicine taste better.
See tips for keeping your head when your child develops a fever.
Find out what to say to help the fears ease away.
Help kids imagine themselves well and develop healthy habits.
Explain medical terms to kids using words they understand.