Thomas the Tank Engine knows the importance of being a Really Useful Engine. Thomas also knows that he cannot be Really Useful without Really Good Friends to help him along! Help your child practice teamwork and cooperation in Thomas’ Steam Team Design Game where kids design new engines together. Peep Peep!
Time: 20-30 minutes
Number of Players: 2 to 4
- Pieces of 8” x 8” card stock or scrap book paper in red, blue, yellow, green, black, brown, light grey and white
- Googly eye stickers
- Glue stick
- Other stickers – numbers, letters, train signs – anything you want!
- Kerchief blindfolds – you will need one fewer than the total number of players
- Using the Thomas & Friends coloring sheets as a guide, cut the paper into the shapes of the various engines.
- Cut out round faces using the light grey card stock or paper and glue them onto the engine bodies.
- Set up the stickers and markers in the center of the table.
- Have your players pick one of the engine cut-outs.
- Blindfold all the players, except one.
- The non-blindfolded player will start the design process! Invite him to put one piece of decoration on the chosen engine’s face or body.
- Then put a blindfold on the non-blindfolded player and move the engine to the next player, who will remove her blindfold and add another piece of decoration to the engine.
- Make sure the engine is passed around three or four rounds, or until the players feel the engine is fully decorated – the sillier the better!
- Name the engine.
- Start your next engine!