Build a bat box and learn about the little brown bat.
Explore the diversity of various lizards and learn how they can thrive in their habitats.
Help your child learn about butterflies with this learning garden.
Through learning about the five senses, your child can compare human and animals senses.
- Learning Goal
- Building Homes for Bats
- Episode: 136 Wild Kratts: A Bat in the Brownies
- Construction and following plans, observation, planning
- Build a bat box and learn about the little brown bat.
- All About Lizards
- Episode 104: Flight of the Draco
- Analysis, observation, conducting an experiment
- Explore the diversity of various lizards and learn how they can thrive in their habitats.
- Raising Monarch Butterflies
- Episode 109: Voyage of the Butterflier XT
- Making observations; collecting and recording data; care of plants and animals
- Help your child learn about butterflies with this learning garden.
- Discovering Senses
- Episode 106: Platypus Café
- Making observations; conducting a scientific experiment; collecting and recording data
- Discover what it's like to have a sixth sense like the amazing platypus!
Find fun games, coloring pages and other activities that foster early learning. start now
Guess the zoomed in images and learn fun facts on the free PBS Big Picture Challenge app. It's great for the whole family!
Thank-You Note Tips
Writing thank-you notes is a great activity to do with kids. Find out how to get them interested.
Create Meaningful Memories
Find five ways to create holiday traditions that your kids will appreciate more than any stocking stuffer.
PBS Parents Newsletter
Find activities, parenting tips, games from your child's favorite PBS KIDS programs and more.