Saguaro Cactus Activity
Have your child create their own Saguaro Cactus.
- Watercolor paints
- White Construction paper
- Dry Spaghetti pasta
- Have your child create a sunset on the construction paper by painting a row of each color (suggest using yellow, red, purple and blue), continuing the pattern until she has covered the entire page.
- While the sunset dries, have your child can start their cactus on a second piece of construction paper. Trace out a large Saguaro (use the internet to find examples). Students can add holes for nests and add as many arms to the cactus as they would like. Have your child paint the cactus green and let it set to dry.
- Once both the cactus and sunset are dry, your child can glue the cactus on to the sunset.
- Have your child break the pasta into small pieces, about ¼ of an inch.
- Glue the pasta pieces on to the cactus to be the prickly thorns of the cactus.