Fellowships at POV
Current fellowship opportunities at American Documentary Inc.
Knight Technology Fellow (POV Digital - Brooklyn, NY - Full-Time - 1 Year Fellowship)
Stipend (1 Year): $80,000
Start Date: June 1, 2014
Location: Brooklyn, New York
- Exceptional abilities in building things -- either from scratch or from existing technology -- with a bias toward mobile devices.
- Creative problem-solving
- A drive to improve technology for documentary filmmakers, journalists and other nonfiction media-makers
What could you build in a year? A mobile video app for documentary filmmakers? An on-the-ground collection tool for journalists? A web framework for nonfiction storytellers?
Create alongside some of the best and boldest nonfiction storytellers. Test yourself at POV Hackathon, the ongoing digital media lab that Fast Company called one of 2014's most anticipated events. Work inside the organization that created public media's first interactive storytelling series and pioneered the concept of a two-way television medium.
We're serious about creating excellent work, doing what no one has done before, and sharing what we learn.
To apply, email jobs[at]pov.org with the subject line "Knight Technology Fellow: [YOUR NAME]" by May 16, 2014. Include the following:
- URL/s to a set of projects, with your role/s clearly stated.
- A resume (PDF or plain text) that addresses all of the skills required for the position.
- A one- to two-page proposal addressing your vision of the intersection of technology and documentary storytelling and how technology can expand the reach, impact and structure of documentary.
This year-long fellowship is not an ongoing POV staff position. There will be opportunities to interface with POV's programming and community engagement teams.
Produced by American Documentary, POV is television's longest-running showcase for independent nonfiction film, premiering 14 to 16 high-impact documentaries every year on PBS. Hailed by critics as among the most important and relevant programming on television, POV films have won every coveted television and film award, including 32 Emmys, 15 George Foster Peabody Awards, and 12 Alfred I. duPont-Columbia Broadcast Journalism Awards.