Internships at POV
The PBS documentary series POV is currently accepting applications for interns at its Brooklyn, New York, office for winter and spring 2016 on a rolling basis through April 1, 2016. Apply by May 1, 2016 for summer internships.
- America ReFramed Intern
- Documentary Series Communications and Marketing Intern
- Documentary Series App Developer Intern
- Documentary Series Community Engagement & Education Intern
- Documentary Series Development Intern
- Documentary Series Digital Programming Intern
- Documentary Series Production & Programming Intern
Produced by American Documentary, POV ("point-of-view") is television's longest-running showcase for independent nonfiction film, premiering 14 to 16 high-impact documentaries every year on PBS.
Hailed by critics as among the most important and relevant programming on television, POV films have won every coveted television and film award, including 32 Emmys, 15 George Foster Peabody Awards, 12 Alfred I. duPont-Columbia Broadcast Journalism Awards, three Academy Awards and the Prix Italia.
Interns are provided training and mentorship through a hands-on Internship Program that offers challenging educational opportunities to undergraduate and graduate students. Interns see first hand how POV Staff work with filmmakers to craft strategic broadcast plans around some of the best, boldest and most innovative programs on PBS.
Executive lunches, industry screenings and workshops provide an opportunity to gain new skills and perspectives and expand professional networks. POV is committed to working with individual interns to meet their unique learning objectives.
All internships are based in Brooklyn, NY.
- Self-motivated and organized
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- A keen attention to detail
- Previous experience with documentary filmmaking or online media a plus
- Committed to a minimum of 12-16 hours per week
Internships are unpaid, but travel stipends are available and college credit can be arranged. Non-students may also apply.
Note: We are not a production company.