The PBS documentary series POV is currently seeking to fill the following positions:
Job Description: Web Producer, POV Digital (Contract)
The PBS documentary series POV (http://www.pbs.org/pov/) is seeking a Web Producer to work out of its Brooklyn, New York, office for a 3-month fixed-term position within the Webby Award-winning POV Digital department.
Reports to: Executive Producer, POV Digital
Specific responsibilities include:
- Supporting the POV Digital team in researching, creating and maintaining POV's digital properties, including documentary companion site features, other special projects and special events.
- Writing copy and contributing content for POV's newsletter and POV's social media channels, such as POV's Documentary Blog, Facebook and Twitter, as assigned.
- Collecting and providing information, preparing reports and documentation.
- Fielding calls and replying to communications from POV viewers and visitors.
- Coordinating intern tasks.
- Participating in scheduled meetings and ad hoc meetings with staff, filmmakers and partners.
- Other administrative support and other tasks, as required.
Education and Training:
- Minimum 1 year of editorial or online production experience.
- A bachelor's degree.
- Knowledge of documentary film, digital media and a commitment to independent media desired.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills are necessary.
- Desire to collaborate with a committed, professional team.
- Track record of working with diverse communities.
- A plus: Knowledge of Spanish.
- A plus: Knowledge of and experience working with PBS and the public television system.
- A plus: Previous experience in journalism, film or engagement with social issues.
- Mastery of word processing, spreadsheet and other online productivity software.
- Ability to learn new software quickly.
- Passion for creativity and innovation.
- Ability to work independently, communicate well and present yourself professionally in person, on the phone and online.
- Flexible, self-starter, able to pursue several projects at once.
- An eye for detail and precision.
- Willingness and ability to take on a wide range of tasks and accept responsibility for all phases of a project.
- Ability to work in a small team, on-deadline and under pressure.
- Ability to maintain sense of humor under stress and stay cool.