The PBS documentary series POV is currently seeking to fill the following positions:
Job Description: Development Grants Coordinator (Contract)
Contract: 3-month fixed-term
Reports to: Development Manager
Start Date: Immediate start
Salary: Commensurate with experience
POV's Development Department is hiring a Development Grants Coordinator to manage our public and private grant portfolio through reporting, renewals, and applications. While grants management is the main role of the Development Grants Coordinator, we are a small organization and the position assists in all other activities of the department. The position also works closely with all POV departments and with the Executive Director. This is an exciting position for a young professional interested in advancing in nonprofit management and/or the field of arts and media. The position provides exposure to a diverse range of tasks, the opportunity to take on significant responsibilities, to contribute new ideas, and to gain management skills and experiences.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Manage with diligence and precision AmDoc's public and private grant portfolio: prepare grant reports, renewals, and applications; research and break down complicated requirements into discrete tasks.
- Ensure compliance with Federal, State, and City funding agency policies.
- Organize and maintain hard copy and digital files, including databases.
- Work across AmDoc departments to garner information for reports, proposals, and letters of intent.
- Prepare research on potential funding sources; draft letters of intent.
- Coordinate meetings and communication with AmDoc's board.
- Help organize the annual appeal campaign and season launch party.
- Represent POV at development-related events; networking.
- Manage 1-3 interns.
- Other tasks as needed.
- Bachelor's degree; MA preferred in related field but not required.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of relevant professional experience.
- Excellent organizational skills; experience managing projects and processes independently; attention to detail a must.
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities in a deadline driven environment with minimal stress; accountability.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills: ability to seek and synthesize information and communicate in a compelling and succinct form; ability to write effectively for a variety of audiences.
- Strong analytical skills and logical problem solving; comfortable working with data and budgets; some experience with excel spreadsheets.
- Experience working in or with public institutions a plus.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision; will take initiative as appropriate.
- Articulate, positive, strong interpersonal skills, flexible.
How to Apply:
To apply, please email the following: (1) resume, (2) a thoughtful cover letter describing your interest and qualifications for the position, and additionally please highlight a complex project you have managed independently and/or an example of when you have built or improved upon a process in your work environment, and (3) two references to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Grants Coordinator Position: [Your name]" in the subject line.
American Documentary, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.