Jobs at American Documentary Inc.
Associate Producer, AMERICA REFRAMED
American Documentary, Inc. (AmDoc), seeks a seasoned and experienced Associate Producer for its ongoing documentary series for public television, AMERICA REFRAMED. Research, writing, post production and digital/social media engagement experience is required.
The Associate Producer position will work closely with the Series Producer on a wide range of tasks. She/He will report to the Series Producer, coordinate with personnel from Co-Producers WGBH/World Channel, and as assigned will work with filmmakers as well as programming and engagement partners.
This is a full-time, 6-month contract position to begin immediately with a 3-month probationary period, and the possibility of continuance.
Series Information – americareframed.com
Job Description – responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Reviewing films for possible programming in series and participating in editorial discussions;
- Leading vetting of films in consideration (i.e. screening, flagging, funder research, QC);
- Overseeing series’ social media and outreach life which includes,
- Supervising research of issues, themes, and people to inform strategic outreach and social media push;
- Drafting and upload of digital newsletter and social media content;
- Creating AR-branded shareable social media assets (images, posts, one0-sheets)
- Coordinating with filmmakers and partners on promotion, outreach and digital engagement activities of programs;
- Generating social media and engagement reports/narrative
- Supporting the management of communications and workflow around film submissions, filmmaker contracts and deliverables, and awards entries;
- Coordinating delivery of filmmaker assets to WGBH/World;
- Maintain working databases for all legal, programming, awards submissions, outreach and publicity activities;
- Overseeing series internship program and supervising interns on daily activities;
- Other administrative support and other tasks or projects, as required;
- Additional related responsibilities as needed
To qualify, candidates must possess:
BS/BA in Film, TV Production, Journalism or Liberal Arts or at least three (3) years of demonstrable experience in Media production, including management of workflows, research, writing, and editorial and post production; Exceptional written and verbal communication and presentation skills; Exceptional planning, organization, problem analysis, decision-making and leadership skills; Strong work ethic, positive attitude and ability to work in a fast paced, fluid and high pressure environment; Knowledge of documentary film, current events, social media best practices and analytics, and commitment to independent media. Writing sample required.
Proficiency in Google Docs, Microsoft Office Suite (Particularly Filemaker Pro, Word, Excel), Adobe Photoshop; Avid Final Cut Pro or Premier editing applications.
Please send cover letter and resumé to: Carmen L. Vicencio, Series Producer at firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject: AP Position.
AmDoc is committed to a diverse workplace and is an enthusiastic equal opportunity employer.
NO CALLS PLEASE