Jobs at American Documentary Inc.
American Documentary Inc. seeks a creative, smart, motivated and proactive person who loves what we do and wants to tell the world about it. This individual should be able to both think strategically, and implement efficiently, to focus and build our brands for multiple audiences. Primary tasks will include:
- Design, develop, implement and manage an integrated cross-platform communications strategy for American Documentary Inc., with a primary focus on its signature series POV.
- Promote content, value, and vision of POV, POV Digital, America ReFramed and American Documentary.
- Manage relationships and resources needed to reinforce POV’s status as a premiere source for essential documentary: on-air, online and in communities.
Knowledge, Skills, and Qualifications:
- At least 5 years of communications experience
- Relationship builder with flexibility and finesse
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, filmmakers, volunteers, donors, and program participants
- Social Media acumen and good design sense a must
- Experience building and implementing campaigns (Basic understanding of marketing strategy, experience writing creative briefs, media buying and planning, etc.)
- Self-starter, able to work independently with a demonstrated track record of designing and managing new initiatives
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational and multi-tasking abilities with high attention to detail
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in order to contribute to problem-solving activities within a growing, changing organization
- Cultural competence and the ability to work successfully with diverse groups of people
- Strong working knowledge of traditional communications channels and techniques as well as emerging platforms
- Experience managing staff and consultants preferred
For more information, or to apply with resume and cover letter, please contact Betty Cordero at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference Audience Development in Subject line. No calls please. American Documentary, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or disability.