POV 'American Promise' Premiere Parties
POV is inviting viewers to host "premiere parties" — large or small — to watch and discuss American Promise with friends and family, then enter for a chance to win prizes!
2014 OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR THE UNITED STATES ONLY. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE AND LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. SUBJECT TO ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS
1. ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS: Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older. The following individuals are not eligible to enter or win a prize: employees, contractors, sub-contractors, directors, and officers of American Documentary, Inc. ("Sponsor"), its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, and the web design, advertising, fulfillment, legal, judging, administrative, and sweepstakes agencies involved in the administration, development, fulfillment, and execution of this Sweepstakes (collectively, "Sweepstakes Parties"), and the immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, and spouse or "step" of each) and those living in the same household of each such person (those persons whether related or not who live in the same residence for at least three months during the twelve-month period preceding the start date of the Sweepstakes).
2. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: Sweepstakes begins on January 1st, 2014 at 12:00:01 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on February 9th, 2014 at 4:59:59 p.m. ET (the "Sweepstakes Period"). The Sweepstakes Period Consists of 1 Entry Period as follows:
The Entry Period begins at 12:00:01 p.m. ET on the Start Date and ends at 4:59:59 p.m. ET on the End Date. The Web Site server is the official clock for this Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes entries will only be accepted during the Entry Period set forth above.
3. TO ENTER: Go online to www.pbs.org/pov/about/premiere-party.php/ (the "Web Site"), during the Entry Period set forth above and follow the on-screen directions to access the online entry form and then complete and submit the online entry form to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. You will be asked to submit a comment about the Premiere Party you planned or attended for the Film ("Comment") (comment will not affect your chances of winning; winner will be selected in a random drawing as described in Section 4 below). Comments must be in English and may not exceed 500 words. Limit one (1) Entry per person and/or email address per Film Entry Period.
Comment must be the original work of the entrant; may not have won previous awards; may not have been previously used for public display by any third party; must not infringe any third-party's rights; must be suitable for publication (i.e., may not be obscene or indecent); must not contain obscene or pornographic material; may not contain defamatory statements; may not invade privacy, publicity or other rights of any person, firm or entity; may not in any other way violate applicable laws and regulations; may not contain any reference to any third party trademarks or names (except for the featured Film); and may not contain any copyrighted works owned by third parties. Submission of a Comment grants Sponsor and its agents the unconditional, irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide right to publish, reproduce, use, adapt, edit and/or modify such Comment in any way, in any and all media, without limitation, and without consideration or permission of the entrant, unless prohibited by law, whether or not such Entry is selected as a winning Entry.
5. DRAWINGS AND ODDS OF WINNING: Five (5) Prize winners will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries received for each Entry Period on or about the Drawing Date for each Entry Period set forth in the above table (each a "Prize Drawing"). Prize Drawings will be conducted by a Sponsor representative, whose decisions shall be final and binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Limit one (1) Prize per person and/or household.
6. PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES ("ARVs"):
Five (5) Prizes (one per Prize Drawing): a prize package consisting of one or more of the following: DVD and book. See below for ARVs:
Film Prize Pack
|Prize Pack ARV||
Prize Restrictions: Sponsor does not make, nor in any manner is responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prizes including but not limited to their quality, fitness for purpose, or condition. Prizes are non-transferable and no cash redemption or prize substitution permitted, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right in their sole discretion to substitute a prize, in whole or in part, with one of comparable or greater value. All costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specifically provided herein are the responsibility of the winners. The ARV for the Sweepstakes Prizes are as of the date these rules were finalized and may fluctuate. Any difference between the stated ARV and actual value at the time the prizes were awarded will not be awarded.
7. WINNER NOTIFICATION AND PRIZE CLAIM: Winners are subject to verification, including verification of age. Winners will be notified via e-mail and will be required to provide address information. If any potential winner does not respond within ten (10) calendar days of first notification attempt, or if any winner rejects his/her prize, the winner will be disqualified and an alternate may be selected. In the event of non-compliance with these Official Rules, or if a prize notification or prize is unclaimed or returned as undeliverable, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of mailing address, email address and/or telephone number of entrants.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS: INTERNET CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. If the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including without limitation, due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who is responsible or who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, modify, or terminate the Sweepstakes. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor will award the prizes in a random manner to be determined by Sponsor. In the event that an entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost or destroyed, entrant's sole remedy shall be another entry into the Sweepstakes.
9. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: No liability or responsibility is assumed by Sponsor or Sweepstakes Parties resulting from user's participation in, attempt to participate in the Sweepstakes, or download of any information in connection with participating in the Sweepstakes. No responsibility or liability is assumed by the Sponsor or Sweepstakes Parties for technical problems or technical malfunction arising in connection with any of the following occurrences, without limitation, that may affect the operation of the Sweepstakes: hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity or other online communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts or providers; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any email transmissions to be sent to or received; lost, late, delayed or intercepted email transmissions; inaccessibility of the Web Site in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or Web Site; unauthorized human or non-human intervention in the operation of the Sweepstakes, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bug, worm; or destruction of any aspect of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical errors in the announcement of prize or these Official Rules, or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on the Web Site. Use of Web Site is at user's own risk. Sponsor and the Sweepstakes Parties are not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind that may be sustained to user's or any other person's computer equipment resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes, use of the Web Site or the download of any information from the Web Site. As a condition of entering, entrants (or their parent or legal guardian if an eligible minor) agree (and agree to confirm in writing): (a) to release Sponsor and Sweepstakes Parties from any and all liability, loss or damage incurred with respect to entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes and the awarding, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of any prize, including any traveling related thereto; (b) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys' fees and court costs.
10. PUBLICITY: Except if a winner is a resident of Tennessee, or where prohibited by law, by accepting the prize, a winner grants permission for Sponsor and those acting under its authority to use his/her name, photograph, voice and/or likeness, for advertising and/or publicity purposes, in any and all media now known or hereinafter invented without territorial or time limitations and without additional compensation. If you are selected as a winner, your information may also be included in a publicly-available winners list.
11. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION: This Sweepstakes is offered only in the United States and is governed by the laws of the state of New York, and entrants consent to jurisdiction and venue in, and agree that all claims and disputes must be resolved in, the federal or state courts in New York County, New York. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. If any provision of these Official Rules is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck, and the remaining provisions shall be enforced.
12. DISCLAIMER: COMMENTS POSTED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES WEB SITE MAY NOT BE EDITED BY SPONSOR AND ARE THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE INDIVIDUAL ENTRANT AND DO NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS OF SPONSOR IN ANY MANNER.
13. WINNER NAME: For the names of the winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope, for receipt by March 9, 2014 to: POV Premiere Party Sweepstakes: Winners List Request, 20 Jay Street, Suite 940, Brooklyn, NY 11201.
14. SPONSOR: American Documentary, Inc./POV, 20 Jay Street, Suite 940, Brooklyn, New York 11201.
Back to Top