- 'Kangaroo: A Love-Hate Story' Is an Eye-Opening Look at the Treatment of Australia's National Animal
Why the filmmakers behind ‘Kangaroo: A Love-Hate Story’ want Australians to take a closer look at the treatment of kangaroos.
- How POV Became Former Executive Producer Simon Kilmurry's Very Own “Film School”
In our blog’s ongoing series of former EPs writing about POV’s 30th anniversary, Simon Kilmurry recalls how he first came across POV as a viewer.
- How Director Kasper Collin Made Jazz Doc 'I Called Him Morgan' with Just a Few Notes
Filmmaker Kasper Collin shares the seven-year process of making the celebrated ‘I Called Him Morgan.’
- Critical Acclaim for 'Almost Sunrise'
A roundup of some critical acclaim for ‘Almost Sunrise.’
- Collaboration Is Key in Flaherty NYC's “Common Visions”
2018 Winter/Spring 2017 series “Common Visions”
- Five POV Films and Resources to Celebrate Black History Month
Celebrate and learn with five POV films for Black History Month.
- Honor Martin Luther King Jr. Day with POV Films on Race and Poverty
For Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. day this January, bring conversations race and poverty to your community with these POV materials.
- Featured Event: 'Almost Sunrise' at the Lutheran Theological Southern Seminary
Join the Lutheran Theological Southern Seminary in Columbia, SC for a free screening of ‘Almost Sunrise’, January 17th at 6:30pm.
- 4 Tips to Making a Successful Documentary Series: Former EP Cara Mertes on POV's 30th Anniversary
What makes a successful television documentary series? Cara Mertes gives us some tips as part of our blog’s ongoing series of former EPs reflecting on 30 years.
- ‘Bill Nye: Science Guy’ Fights for Science Documentary of TV Personality and Climate Advocate Coming to POV Wednesday, April 18, 2018 in Celebration of Earth Day
‘Bill Nye: Science Guy’ by David Alvarado and Jason Sussberg has its national broadcast and streaming debut on the PBS documentary series POV and pov.org on Wednesday, April 18, 2018 at 10 p.m. (check local listings).
- American Documentary Heads Into 2018 With New Board Members
American Documentary (AmDoc), the parent organization of the PBS documentary series POV, announced the addition of John Limotte and Joi Thomas to the board of directors today.
- Former Executive Producer Lisa Heller Reflects on 30 Years
The third letter in our series of letters from past executive producers for POV comes from Lisa Heller.
- Featured Event: 'The Islands and the Whales' at the Jupiter Branch Library
Join the Jupiter Branch Library in Jupiter, FL for a free screening of ‘The Islands and the Whales,’ December 29 at 6:30pm.
- From POV Skeptic to POV Executive Producer: Former EP Ellen Schneider Reflects on 30 Years
Continuing our series of letters from past executive producers for POV, Ellen Schneider admits her initial skepticism of the new program, and her surprise when audiences and the press alike couldn’t get enough of the show’s initial programming.
- POV Community Engagement and Education's Year by the Numbers
The pace of our world seemed to hit overdrive in 2017, so we’re taking a moment as the year ends to celebrate our partners who did incredible work in their communities over the last 365 days.
- Doc Soup's Top Ten Documentaries of 2017
The wait is over—Doc Soup Man shares his top ten documentaries of 2017. What’s on your list?
- Why It's Important to Be Open to Experimentation as a Film Editor
Geoffrey Richman shares why experimenting with ideas in the edit room can lead to great discoveries.
- Featured Event: 'Dalya's Other Country' at One Journey Festival
Come to the One Journey Film Festival for a free screening of ‘Dalya’s Other Country,’ December 15 at 6:30pm.