We’re happy to announce that the winner of the POV Film Your Issue award is Brandan Odums‘s New Orleans for Sale, a film that decries suffering as a tourist draw in post-Katrina New Orleans.
Watch the video:
Odums is a 22-year old New Orleans college student who is part of a young filmmaking collective called 2-cent that makes projects to inspire change within young people. When they noticed the gawking tourists who had come to see the devastated 9th Ward after Hurricane Katrina, they decided to make a video about the locals’ reactions.
In addition to winning the POV award, New Orleans for Sale also garnered an FYI Jury Award 2008, the NAACP Award and the AFI SILVERDOCS Award.
Read more posts like this one...
- Film Your Issue * Call for Entries * 2 Minute Films* Deadline April 14
- Film Independent Spirit Award Noms Announced
- WGBH Lab | POV Election 2008 – Winning Short Film Pitches Announced
- Sundance Documentary Awards Announced
- Media Guide: Emmy Winners
- Oscar Nominations for Documentary Feature and Short Announced
- SXSW Documentary Feature Winners