POV production assistant Andrew Catauro checks in about POV’s annual Call for Entries. Read on to learn how you can submit your film!
Here at POV, we may have just announced our slate of films for the 2009 broadcast season, but we’re also looking ahead to 2010 (and beyond). Whether you’ve got an idea to pitch, a promising rough cut to showcase, or a finished film you’d like us to see before it blows up on the festival circuit, now is the time for you to submit your work to POV
It’s important to know that we evaluate submissions in four categories:
Standard: Finished films, or films that are at rough/fine cut stage. (Will be ready for broadcast in 2010)
Shorts: Finished films, or films that are at rough/fine cut stage AND whose final running time is 30 minutes or less. (Will be ready for broadcast in 2010)
Completion Funds: Films that are at assembly/rough/fine cut stage AND are seeking completion funds. (May not be ready for broadcast in 2010)
In-the-Works: Films at any stage, not ready for general submission, that a filmmaker would like to introduce to POV’s programming team for future consideration.
All films must be submitted through our online submission system, and the deadline for entries this year is Tuesday, June 30. Start by going to http://cfe.pov.org and follow the instructions to complete an entry form.
If you’d like some specific tips on how to navigate our online form, read on…
1. Add cfe[at]pov.org to your email address book so that none of our correspondence to you is lost in a spam folder.
2. Make sure your browser will accept pop-up windows, and visit http://cfe.pov.org.
3. Click either of the two “Register” links (at the top and middle of the page) and complete the registration page.
4. Check your email for your registration confirmation. The confirmation email will usually arrive instantly, but may take up to 24 hours.
5. Click on the link within the confirmation email to activate your account. This is an obvious, but important step.
6. Once you’ve activated your account, log-in at http://cfe.pov.org to complete your application. Enter your film’s title and click the button that says “Create New Call for Entries form.”
And that’s it! You’ve started a new entry, the rest of the form is pretty self-explanatory. Yance Ford, our Series Producer, has also written a great post about what POV looks for in a film during our selection process. Check it out, and I guarantee you’ll have an even better idea of whether the film you’ve made is a good fit for us. I look forward to viewing your submissions, and being in touch with many of you.
The 2010 POV Call for Entries is officially open!