St. George/Kanab, Utah (Pop. 77,738)
6-15 5-9, 2012
“Come for the films… stay for the scenery… experience inspiration,” says the festival’s program. Southern Utah’s International Documentary Film Festival screens its films in outdoor venues against majestic red rocks between Zion National Park and Grand Canyon National Park. The festival’s close proximity to national parks offers a slew of awesome outdoor activities such as hiking, camping and off-roading. Aside from the impressive views, the festival showcases more than 130 features and short films from professionals and student filmmakers.
When to submit: By early April
More info: docutah.com
Read more posts like this one...
- Weekly Roundup: ‘Tis the Season for Film Festivals
- Weekly Roundup: Festivals, Festivals and More Festivals
- A Preview of the 2008 Full Frame Documentary Film Festival
- 2011 New York Film Festival Documentary Preview
- Big Sky Film Festival
- Film and Environmental Activism: Catching up with Everything’s Cool’s Judith Helfand and Daniel B. Gold
- “New Muslim Cool” Honored at Al Jazeera Film Festival