- Featured Event: 'Of Civil Wrongs and Rights' at the United States District Court, District of Minnesota
Join the United States District Court, District of Minnesota for a free screening of Of Civil Wrongs and Rights, November 1st at 12pm.
- POV Nominated for Critics' Choice Documentary and IDA Awards
POV nominated as a series in both awards showcases; Last Men in Aleppo gets “Most Innovative Documentary” nod from Critics’ Choice Documentary Awards
- Two Iraq Veterans Take 2,700 Mile Walk To Distance Themselves From War Demons—in 'Almost Sunrise,' Airing Monday, November 13, 2017, on POV
‘Almost Sunrise’ has its national broadcast premiere on the PBS documentary series POV on Monday, Nov 13, 2017 (check local listings).
- Critical Acclaim for 'Motherland'
A roundup of some critical acclaim for ‘Motherland.’
- AMERICA REFRAMED UNFILTERED: Inclusion Shouldn’t Be a Lottery
In the following UNFILTERED blog post, ‘Deej’ director and producer, Robert Rooy shares what he is learning from the austistic comunity.
- Critical Acclaim for 'The Islands and The Whales'
A roundup of some critical acclaim for ‘The Islands and The Whales.’
- Featured Event: 'Cameraperson' at the Havre de Grace Opera House
Join the Havre de Grace Arts Collective for a free screening of Cameraperson, October 17th at 8pm.
- POV Wins News & Documentary Emmy® Award for 'Thank You for Playing'
This was the fourth consecutive year that a POV film received an honor from the awards showcase.
- Stream POV's 2017 Emmy-Nominated Films
In celebration of the 38th Annual News & Documentary Emmy® Awards, four of the 12 Emmy-nominated POV documentaries from last season will be available to stream online at pov.org/video until October 16, 2017.
- Exploring the Intersection of Documentary Filmmaking and Urban Sociology at America ReFramed
Through her internship with America ReFramed, Stephanie Luna examined the intersection of documentary filmmaking and urban sociology.
- Critical Acclaim for 'Swim Team'
A roundup of some critical acclaim for ‘Swim Team.’
- Recap of the Inaugural AmDoc Annual Benefit
In commemoration of American Documentary’s 30th anniversary, the first ever AmDoc Annual Benefit was held on Tuesday evening at Liberty Hall at Ace Hotel New York.
- Flaherty NYC's “Out From Under” Explores the Physical and Metaphorical 'Underground'
2017 Fall Flaherty NYC programmers Maori Karmael Holmes and Charlotte Ickes talk about exploring the underground in their series “Out From Under.”.
- An Intimate Look from Behind the Scenes and Through the Lens—in 'Cameraperson,' Airing Monday, October 23, 2017 on POV
‘Cameraperson’ has its national broadcast premiere on the PBS documentary series POV on Monday, Oct. 23, 2017 (check local listings).
- 'Motherland' Follows a Group of New Mothers, Their Families and Healthcare Professionals in the Philippines, Airing Monday, October 16, 2017 on POV
Ramona S. Diaz’s latest film, ‘Motherland,’ takes us into one of the busiest maternity wards on Earth.
- Collaboration in the Edit Room: Maya Mumma Shares Her Co-Editing Process
Leigh Johnson is in conversation with Maya Mumma about collaborating with mutiple editors on a film.
- Featured Event: 'Don't Tell Anyone' at Lone Star Victims Advocacy Project
Join Lone Star Victims Advocacy Project for a free screening of Don’t Tell Anyone (No Le Digas a Nadie) September 18th at 7:00 pm.
- Did the Great American Eclipse just inspire someone to make your next favorite film?
What to watch after tuning into the Great American Eclipse.